Most Recent Creation
Hippopotamus Group, Large Crushing Bite (d8+2 damage 1 piercing) 10 HP 1 armor Hand, Forceful
The Hippopotamus is a massive, barrel-shaped creature with short legs and a wide mouth filled with formidable teeth. Its thick, hairless skin varies in shades of gray and brown, offering some protection against the elements. Despite its seemingly docile appearance, the Hippopotamus possesses incredible strength and is known for its aggressive behavior.
The Hippopotamus is known to fiercely guard its territory and offspring, creating problems for those who encroach upon its domain. It aggressively defends its space, charging and attacking any potential threats with its formidable jaws and sheer strength. The Hippopotamus is especially dangerous when protecting its young, as it becomes even more aggressive and relentless in its pursuit. Its territorial nature and imposing presence make it a formidable foe, capable of causing significant problems and dangers for adventurers or individuals who enter its domain without caution.
Ferocious Charge: The Hippopotamus can charge with remarkable speed, using its weight and momentum to crash into enemies. Its charge is accompanied by powerful jaws that snap shut with bone-crushing force, dealing significant damage to its target.
Territorial Aggression: The Hippopotamus is fiercely territorial and will defend its space against intruders. It becomes especially aggressive when its territory is threatened, charging at foes and aggressively attacking with its massive jaws. It will pursue adversaries relentlessly, making it challenging for them to escape its wrath.
Wall of Flesh: The Hippopotamus possesses a thick, tough hide that acts as natural armor, offering substantial protection against physical attacks. Combined with its massive size, this formidable defense makes it challenging to harm the Hippopotamus with conventional weaponry.
Acquatic Adaptation: The Hippopotamus is a proficient swimmer and can hold its breath for extended periods. It can traverse bodies of water with ease, and its amphibious nature allows it to launch surprise attacks from rivers, lakes, or swamps.
Move: Surprise Attack from the Water
When the Hippopotamus launches a surprise attack from the water, roll +Dexterity. On a 10+, choose two. On a 7-9, choose one:
- Ambush: The Hippopotamus catches its target off guard, gaining a significant advantage in the attack. It inflicts additional damage or gains a bonus to its attack roll.
- Drag Under: The Hippopotamus lunges at its target and attempts to drag them underwater. The target is momentarily submerged, struggling to breathe and losing their footing, granting the Hippopotamus an opportunity to disorient or incapacitate them.
- Disruptive Presence: The sudden emergence of the Hippopotamus startles and distracts the target and any nearby allies, causing them to momentarily lose focus or become disorganized. The target suffers penalties to their next action or attack.
- Retreat: The Hippopotamus launches its surprise attack and swiftly retreats back into the water, escaping any immediate reprisal. It is difficult for the target or their allies to retaliate effectively against the swift and elusive Hippopotamus.
On a miss: The target manages to evade or counter the Hippopotamus' surprise attack, turning the tables on the creature. The GM will introduce a complication or twist related to the failed attack.
Note: This move allows the Hippopotamus to utilize its aquatic adaptation to its advantage, launching unexpected assaults from bodies of water. It represents the Hippopotamus' ability to capitalize on its environment, catching its targets off guard and creating chaos in combat. The move reflects the Hippopotamus' territorial nature and its capability to surprise and disorient adversaries, making it a formidable and unpredictable opponent.
Instinct: Protect its territory and its young
- Territorial aggression
- Ferocious charge
- Surprise attack from the water
Most Recent Up-vote
Bonetree Group, Huge Stinging Vines (b[2d6+5] damage 1 piercing) 18 HP 3 armor Reach, Near Special Qualities: Poisonous, Immune to mind influence, Blindsight, Resistance to fire
Standing as tall as a hill giant, this tree is pale brown with scores of branches that grow upward from its trunk, its branches are leafless giving it a skeletal appearance. Its trunk is covered in knots and jagged holes. The bonetree can be found in the stinking mire, the river delta and other suitable areas. The bonetree can often be found in glades with others of its kind. Its putrid odor is masked by the decay surrounding it.
When prey nears the bone tree it begins to rattle its branches creating a sound similar to a nest of rattle vipers. Stinging vines lash out of its trunk extending far out into the surrounding area to grasp prey and satiate its appetite.
When struck by a bonetree roll + Con on a 10+ there is no additional effect from its stinging vines. On a 7-9 choose 1
- The Bonetree has ensnared you and you are unable to flee, but can still make normal attacks
- The Bonetree has embedded its stinging vines into your skin take -1 forward to DEX
- The Bonetree poison has weakened you -1 forward to STR
- The Bonetrees poison has inflicted you with the Sickness debility
For each additional hit received by the Bonetree choose an additional effect.
The bonetree’s trunk is charged with mystical energy. When the bonetree is struck forcefully this energy is released in a flash of blinding light causing you to flinch and avert your eyes roll Defy Danger On a 10+ you are not blinded. On a 7-9 take –1 forward to your next attack.
Instinct: Extract elements from bones
- Ensnare all within reach
- Blinding Flash when struck
- Sprout razor sharp spurs from stinging vines