Muttering Serpent Solitary, Large, Stealthy, Terrifying Constrict (d10 damage) 16 HP 2 armor Special Qualities: Its head always looks like the head of the person viewing it, even in death.
15' to 20' long snake with mirror-like scales. Secretes oils that smell like fresh wood shavings.
Useful Parts: blood, head, scalesInstinct: To hide in shadows. To isolate. To devour.
- Separates and isolates victims, then swallows them whole.
- Reads surface thoughts of victims, and can communicate telepathically in victim's own voice. Can communicate in this way with up to 8 creatures simultaneously. Only asks questions.
Astral Spinner Horde, Tiny, Stealthy, Devious Bite (d4-2 damage) 3 HP 0 armor Hand
Spider-like creatures, made of what appears to be silvery metal. Enlarged thorax houses gem-like sphere filled with red, blue, or purple liquid.
Liquid can be consumed (tastes like candy) to astrally project for 1d4 hours. After 1d12+2 uses, consumer becomes permanently astral and becomes a host in 1d6 days.
Useful Parts: thorax spheres, webbing (actual silver, can be melted and forged into weapons capable of cutting silver cords)Instinct: To capture. To feed their host.
- Spins an intricate web of translucent silver, then returns to its hose in the astral plane. When prey becomes entangled, 1d4 spinners phase into the material plane to scout and signal their hive to attack.
- The hive wraps prey in silver webbing which slowly phases victim into the astral plane, where the host drains it of juices. The desiccated corpse is discarded into the material plane. The silver webbing wrapping disintegrates.
Boltforager Group, Small Ridge spike, talons (d6 damage) 6 HP 0 armor Close
Brick-red feathers, orange beak and head ridge. Active during sunrise or sunset, so it blends in with the sky while hunting.
Covered in orange dust and tiny parasitic worm eggs, and leaves clouds of both as it flaps its wings.
Has an uncanny sense of smell. Can pick up the scent of corpse-rot from a mile off. They also stink like death. Useful Parts: Beak and horn, dust (possibly a necromantic spell component), meat Instinct: To feed on the dead. To infect with parasites.
- Divebombs to impale with the spike on its head.
- Tries to infect vicitms with the eggs of parasitic worms, which hatch in 1d6 days and kill the host. Once dead, the corpse fills with foul gas and bursts, attracting more boltforagers.
Swarm of Stirges Group, Tiny, Devious Proboscis (d4-2 damage 1 piercing) 6 HP 0 armor Hand Special Qualities: Flight
A stirge is a tiny magical beast that fed on the blood of other creatures. A group of stirges is known as a "thirst". Instinct: to feed on blood
- Life Drain
- It is prone to carry diseases that weaken victims
Nycaloth Group, Large, Devious, Yugoloth, Demon Axe (b[2d8] damage) 17 HP 2 armor Reach
Nycaloths are the most loyal of the yugoloths. When they find an evil master that treats them well, they are unlikely to break their agreement unless the reward for doing so is extreme. Instinct: Conquer
- Great Axe/Sword