Broken Ones Group, Terrifying club like hands (d8 damage) 10 HP 0 armor Close, Reach Special Qualities: broken limbs and wounded flesh, Undead
These are not your standard zombies. No, they are something far more wicked about them...an intelligence that most undead lack, A drive to make you like them. They are a wretched thing to observe! All Broken and bloody, as if tortured for days on end...their sight alone is enough to drive one into a fit of fear. Luckily for us still alive, they only seem to haunt old ruins and the like...but if someone could harness their anger, only the gods could save us. Instinct: Break the living
- Flail away with tattered limbs
- Terrify the living
Living Statue Group, Construct Marble Fists (d8 damage) 5 HP 6 armor Close
These marble statues were carved by a skilled artist to resemble various historical figures and heroes of ages past. Originally just mundane statues, they eventually became sentient after prolonged exposure to malicious magical forces. They continue their sedentary ways unless magical beings are present, in which case they attack. Instinct: Destroy Magic
Gelatinous Cube Solitary, Huge, Stealthy, Terrifying, Amorphous Glomp (d10+3 damage) 31 HP 1 armor Reach, Ignores Armor Special Qualities: Secretes an anesthetizing slime. A target that touches this slime must attempt to resist the paralysis or be disabled for a short time., Inorganic material remains trapped and visible inside the cube's body
The nearly transparent gelatinous cube travels slowly along dungeon corridors and cave floors, absorbing carrion, creatures, and trash. Instinct: To consume
- Engulf - The cube moves over nearby target opponents, engulfing as many as it can cover and encasing them within its gelatinous insides.
- Transparent - Hard to see, even under ideal conditions, and creatures who fail to notice a cube and walk into it are automatically engulfed.
Bandits Group, Stealthy, Organized, Intelligent Crossbow (d8 damage) 6 HP 3 armor Close, Far
Bandits rove in gangs and are sometimes led by thugs, veterans, or spellcasters. Not all bandits are evil. Oppression, drought, disease, or famine can often drive otherwise honest folk to a life of banditry. Instinct: To steal
- Bombard - Fire at their prey in one large bombardment in an attempt to finish a fight quickly at the beginning of an encounter
- Lay trap - Will often lay traps in densely packed woods using tripwire, or stage an accident that requires an adventurers help before ambushing them whilst their back is turned.
- Calls for aid from its compatriots
Mimic Solitary, Small, Stealthy, Amorphous Bite (1d10 damage 1 piercing) 15 HP 3 armor Close
Mimics are shapeshifting predators able to take on the form of inanimate objects to lure creatures to their doom. In dungeons, these cunning creatures most often take the form of doors and chests, having learned that such forms attract a steady stream of prey. Instinct: To feed
- Ingest - Swallows a target whole and causes it to take suffocation damage until it can escape through strength, or the mimic dies
- The Mimic disguises itself as an inanimate object and when touched can adhere to whatever touches it, causing it to get stuck and thus be easier to swallow
- Grows tentacles when discovered and can use them to pull in prey that tries to escape its maw
Owlbear Solitary, Large, Intelligent Claws / Beak (d5+2 damage 1 piercing each) 20 HP 0 armor Special Qualities: Has amazing nightvision and hearing, making it an amazing predator
Feathers cover the thick, shaggy coat of its bear-like body, and the limpid pupils of its great round eyes stare furiously from its beaked owlish head. The owlbear’s reputation for ferocity, aggression, stubbornness, and sheer ill temper makes it one of the most feared predators of the wild. There is little, if anything, that a hungry owlbear fears, and these creatures are often hungry. Even monsters that outmatch an owlbear in size and strength avoid tangling with it, for this creature cares nothing about a foe’s superior strength as it attacks without provocation. Instinct: To eat
- Vicious Attack - The Owlbear makes two attacks, one with its beak and one with its claws
Goblin Horde, Small, Stealthy, Organized Shortbow (d4 damage) 3 HP 1 armor Close
Goblins are small, squat creatures about 3 to 4 feet tall with pointed ears and equally pointy teeth. They have jet black hair and skin that varies from hues of orange to hues of green. They have beady black eyes and flat faces. Besides that, goblins are very numerous and varied creatures almost more than humans. Goblins live in loose clans ruled by a leader they refer to as a Mob Boss. Evil goblin societies frequently war against their neighbours, if not attempt to annoy them. Instinct: Collect shiny trinkets and amass wealth due to a vague knowledge that money = power
- Ambush their enemies from a tactical vantage
- Use natural poisons on their shoddily made arrows to increase their effectiveness when fired from shoddily made bows.
- Shrieks for help, calling the Goblin horde to its location
Skeleton Group, Construct Rusty sword (d8+2 damage 1 piercing) 10 HP 3 armor Close, Forceful Special Qualities: They perform simple tasks as mandated by their creator but are incapable of higher thought.
A skeletal warrior appears as a cracked and yellowing skeleton covered with shards of decaying flesh. Its eyes are black holes containing pinpoints of reddish light. It is clad in the blackened armor and rotted trappings it wore in its former life. Instinct: To destroy all life
- Bony grasp - The skeleton uses its vice-like skeletal hands to latch onto something living and start cutting into its flesh
- Bones must be scattered upon or after death or the creature will begin to reassemble
Poltergeist Solitary, Magical, Stealthy, Terrifying Hurl objects telekenetically (d10 damage) 12 HP 4 armor Close, Far Special Qualities: Insubstantial
Deep inside the sprawling Aldwin Manor, this entity sulks and broods in the dark, twisted hallways and long abandoned rooms. It is comprised not of souls themeslves, but the feelings and memories of them. Anger, hate, fear, and jealousy all churned together in an unholy brew over a century have produced this incomprehensible ghoul. There is a dark core to it that will test one's sanity if looked upon. It is docile when alone, but lashes out dramatically and seeks to destroy the living, when encountered. Instinct: To Rage
- Inspire intense feelings of anger and fear in those nearby.
- Exert control over other supernatural beings nearby.
- Use illusions to frighten and confuse.