Hashihime Solitary, Divine Torches in her mouth (d10+4 damage 1 piercing) 14 HP 1 armor Close, Reach
Hashihime are intensely jealous spirits who inhabit bridges — in particular, very old and very long bridges. A hashihime may take different forms depending on occasion, however they are commonly depicted wearing white robes, white face-paint, an iron trivet worn as a crown, and carrying five candles. This is a ceremonial outfit used to perform curses. Instinct: To protect those who honor her
- Guard a bridge from invaders
Kage onna Group, Stealthy Jump Scare (d6 damage) 6 HP 0 armor Close, Near
Kage onna are shadows of women which appear projected onto windows and doors when there is no one around to cast them. They appear late at night when the moon is bright, as the paper sliding doors and windows of traditional Japanese homes are particularly good at catching shadows in the moonlight. They usually take the form of a young lady, though occasionally they appear as an old crone with a bell hanging from her neck. Instinct: To signify a haunted place
- serve as a beacon for other yokai
- what was that?
- did you just see that?
Psiforged Operative Group, Magical, Devious, Organized, Intelligent, Construct Psiblade (b[2d6] damage) 14 HP 5 armor Close, Ignores Armor, Near, Far Special Qualities: Magical battery in chest
Instinct: Fulfill the will of House Kanth
- Overwhelm their mental resistance
- Manipulate the battlefield with psionics
- Return an attack to its sender
- Command a forged operative
Water Wastrel Group, Construct, Terrifying Slam (d8 damage) 14 HP 0 armor Close Special Qualities: Near-mindless, Eyeless abomination
When the witches that live near Krevborna’s coast find the body of a drowned sailor washed up upon the shore, they bind what is left of its soul into service as a near-mindless undead abomination. Although these water wastrels are often eyeless due to the creatures of sea eating away such ocular delicacies, their abilities to sense the living are in no way diminished; as such, witches use water wastrels to guard their sinister homes. (from Krevborna) Instinct: to sense the living
- Guard the home of a sea-witch
Old Blood Eye Solitary, Magical, Divine Dreadful gaze (d12 damage) 14 HP 4 armor Close, Ignores Armor, Near
Old Blood Eye is an ancient terror of the deep who haunts the coastline of Krevborna. Old Blood Eye preys upon fisher-folk, sailors, and others who make their living by the sea; her favorite tactic is to catch an unwary fisherman alone, weaken him with her dreadful gaze, and then use her talons to hook him through the cheek; the victim is then pulled into the water and drowned, where his blood and flesh becomes Old Blood Eye’s feast. Old Blood Eye is fond of music; a particularly well-played tune may be enough to still her hand. (from Krevborna) Instinct: to prey upon those who live upon the sea
- Weaken her prey with her dreadful gaze
- Hook her prey through the cheek
- Feast upon the drowned
Elven Chaos Mage Solitary, Magical, Stealthy, Organized, Intelligent Chaos bolt (d10 damage) 16 HP 4 armor Near, Ignores Armor
The Elven Chaos Mage is influenced by an ancient chaos spirit that strengthened his magic. He is obsessed with power and the destruction of his enemies. He has glowing blue eyes and wears many trinkets in his dreadlocks. He wears leather pants but no armor. He uses different fetisches and small knives to work his magic. He wears a number of fetisches at his belt who protect him from physical harm. Once struck, his wounds seem slowly to heal with a blue light, leaving awful scars. Instinct: Destruction
- Call upon the spirit of chaos
- Use the interior of the room as weapon
- Summon a lesser chaos spirit
- Send a spirit for support from the tribes
Gazer Solitary, Tiny, Magical, Hoarder, Terrifying Bite (d8 damage), or Eye Rays 12 HP 0 armor Hand, Near Special Qualities: Darkvision, Aggressive, Mimicry
Formed from the feverish dreams of a Beholder, the scale and perspective of the creature was warped by its delirium. Gazers often serve as familiars for evil spellcasters, when they aren't spying for their makers. Instinct: To protect the powerful
- Shoots two magical eye rays at random, choosing one or two targets it can see.
- Dazing Ray: The targeted creature must succeed on a Defy Danger (WIS) roll or be charmed until the gazer is otherwise occupied. While the target is charmed in this way, it takes a -1 ongoing on any strength or dexterity related rolls.
- Fear Ray: The targeted creature must succeed on a Defy Danger (WIS) roll or be frightened until the gazer is otherwise occupied.
- Frost Ray: The targeted creature must succeed on a a Defy Danger (WIS) roll or take 8 (2d6) cold damage.
- Telekinetic Ray: If the target is a creature that is humanoid sized or smaller, it must succeed on a Defy Danger (STR) roll or be pushed up to 30 feet directly away from the gazer.